Thursday, August 28, 2008

You live, you learn...

Today was an interesting day. Our students have finally gotten to experimenting with their profiles and finding the pictures to add to their pages. Well, that was a huge learning experience for us! Obviously, the students use tons of stuff from Photobucket, but that stuff is copyrighted and cannot be put on their profiles (thank you, Maitreyi!), so tomorrow is going to involve tons of explanation and learning about copyright, as well as exploring http://creativecommons.org. I am kind of glad it happened because it presented a good teaching opportunity for the students. I thing, I cannot get over enough is their constant collaboration. When one finds out how to do stuff, he or she goes over to their friends and shares. As long as they get their stuff done, I am welcoming it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it when they they share and teach each other. Keep going it sounds like it is going great.