Friday, August 1, 2008
Teacher Leadership Institute
I am listening to the first session of my last day in TLI. The boot camp experiences was what it was- a bootcamp, full of frustration and hard work, which eventually resulted in tremendous learning opportunities. I was able to authentically engage in problem learning experiences because our county team had a global awareness PBL project. Now I got a better understanding of the project as a whole and how easily I can implement the skills I have acquired to work within Globaloria program. I am ready to let my students use their learning skills to find resources and work collaboratively for a common goal. This learning experience, however, frustrating and challenging to think outside the box, was invaluable in seeing the benefits of PBL in the classroom and getting ready to be "the guide on the side", not "the sage on the stage". It's hard to abandon my TTWWADI (That's The Way We've Always Done It- Ian Jukes), but I am ready to work on it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ingida, It sounds like you had a good experience. Often times, we have to go through it ourselves to see the benefits. I am glad you are making the connection with Globaloria.
Lee
Post a Comment