Thursday, October 2, 2008

Paper Prototyping

This week, after we have finally separated the schedules for both groups, things slowed down and proved not to be as hectic or frustrating as they were before, when we were making the second group rush with their work, so that the first group wouldn't have to wait. This week was also the first in trying out Flash, and even though I was worried about it, Denise was right- the kids will teach themselves, even though some of them don't like the idea that their teacher is not a 'know-it-all". While reading the students' blogs, I have stumbled across their "pacts" with each other to help if one finds something new on Flash. So far, this has been the way to go. Josh has read and experimented with Flash more than anybody else and discovered motion tweening, and before we knew, he has taught half the class how to work it! And this is all before we even hit any of these tutorials!!! I am impressed, and now I need to ask Josh to teach me, even though he generously noted that I am still cool even though I am struggling with frames and layers:D

Paper prototyping has started smoothly. The Alliance are working so well together, even though this group has some really strong opinionated people! They, however, hear each other out and do come to a consensus within a group. Fourth Column is a lot more argumentative, but good ideas come from these arguments, so we might enjoy good products in the end of the class. We have slackers who do not want to admit that besides fun, this class is tons of work. But, we'll bring them up to date.

1 comment:

Lee Kraus said...

Mrs. Barker, still being cool even though you struggle with flash is a good step. :)