Well, this week has been devoted to social games design unit, which helped many students to start identifying the topics for their future games. I was surprised (and very excited and pleased at the same time) as to how many of the students feel passionate about the issue of global warming and its consequences on the lives of the peoples of the world. I am very proud of these kids who will take on researching more about what is happening in this world today to teach about that through their video games.
Being nosey, I looked at RTC's wiki pages to get some ideas to utilize in our classroom. I will definitely go and update my news page as I did not think about putting the necessary assignments for the students to accomplish for the day. I am certainly having tons of blond moments recently! This weekend, I will definitely devote time to catching up on my own learning and going to Flash to try and figure that pen tool out! Plus, I need to sit down and play more games to finish my own units of evaluating the games!
It's certainly not a "smoothly-flowing" blog, as it is a weekend, and September has been quite busy for me: getting into the schedule, getting my Spanish students all lined up and ready to go, as well as taking on tons of "paperwork-y" responsibilities as I go through the weeks. I cannot wait for my one-weekend vacation in Shenandoah, which, I know is an interesting way to get a break-in the midst of all the beginning craziness:)
3 comments:
It sounds like a good week. It is great to hear that the students are interested in key topics.
It is not being nosey! It is social media and the idea is to look! It likes like you are doing a great job balancing all your responsibilities. Good Job.
Lee
Please dont hesitate to ask me questions if you get stuck with the Pen tool!!! And I will try my best to reply to all your comments and am really sorry I have not been the best with replying emails but will do so!
I am glad to see you are doing so well with your class!
Sometimes we all need a break to get our heads' back on straight. If you need any help just ask anyone in the team and we'll do our best.
Steward
Post a Comment