Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Finshing Game Design
Today is the last day of the learning game design unit. The students had a lot of fun playing the games, but some needed more nudging to start thinking about the game reviews as well. Processing the game from the developer's point of view was probably the most challenging part for them because they never really thought about it from this standpoint. I could easily associate with them because I was puzzled tremendously when I played some games before starting to work on the Success Elevator. Now I can do it easier and can spend more time with the students helping them understand the concept of understanding the game design from different perspectives. Of course, the class is slowly getting divided into those who get stuff done easily and early and the ones who lag behind. However, this challenge opens tons of tutoring opportunities and learning from each other, which provides help for all the kids at all times and helps Sara and me not to spread ourselves too thin. Tomorrow we are going into the next unit, with some students still having to spend time on the current unit because of the various reasons (being absent during one of the days, having PE 5th period, etc.). I am expecting the students to acquire different paces at some point without too much lag in between their activities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment