When thinking about my participation in the Globaloria program, I see a tremendous challenge as a person and an educator, which is ok. I love overcoming challenges to advance my knowledge as an educator and a learner. Participating in this program will be a huge learning curve which I will use as an opportunity to learn alongside with my students and assume a role of a facilitator rather than a dogmatizer.
So, today I have started working on my wiki page and evaluated a couple of games on the list. I have chosen the game on climate change and cost of life. I enjoyed playing the games after an extensive time spent on tutorials. I am a game rookie who never played Play Station even though I am seriously considering bying myself a Wii Fit:) Anyways, evaluation of the games helped me put the game design into perspective and critically consider their benefits and drawbacks from the learner's and designet's points of view. Hopefully, I will gain a lot more insights into this educational tenet during the workshop this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment