Sunday, October 4, 2009

So far, so good...

Thinking about my blogging habits, I can surely say that they could be better. I do blog weekly, but it's mostly done for my students as I am trying to introduce the complex topic of civics through this great tool for reflection and getting to know the topic. Today, however, I am taking time to reflect on our progress and experiences in the class this year.

Honestly, starting the new year scared me, as I had an amazing group of kids last year who went above and beyong of what the class offered. However, I did not do my current students and Globaloria itself enough justice. Every child is amazing, and our building on the students' interests and their preferred way of learning will bring their uniqueness and brilliance out thus helping them unleash the creativity so needed to be productive on the global scale, which is so vital in the contemporary world and in the world of future.

As of these first days of October, we are progressing wonderfully. Students are taking giant steps into their learning and are not afraid to tinker and be challenged. I will not bore you with the minute description of their progress but rather post this Wordle of my students blogs on their progress thus far from the last week:





The image has been taken from http://www.wordle.net

No comments: